Dean Monterey email@example.com Principal Monterey Management Consulting Co. CDN Tel: +1 250 244 6500 www.montereymanagement.ca
Dean has 34 years of hands-on, international experience in emergency management as a responder, manager, and special advisor to business and government decision makers and specialists. His field experience is supplemented by an undergraduate degree and extensive courses in the emergency management field.
Dean has responded to numerous major public events and emergencies worldwide including:
- 1988 Olympic Winter Games
- 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill
- 1991 Gulf War – assisted the governments of Bahrain and Qatar in dealing with the world’s largest oil spill
- 1999 Kosovar refugee airlift crisis
- 2003 British Columbia firestorm
- 2006 BC Ferry, M.V. Queen of the North, which sank losing two lives
- 2009 H1N1 Operations Advisor in National Operations Centre, NCEMA, UAE
- 2009, reviewed and advised on UAE national Telecoms Emergency Plan
- 2010, reviewed and advised on Fire Rescue services for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games
- 2011, currently advising Alberta Government on business resumption in Slave Lake
Dean has conducted Hazard, Risk and Vulnerability Assessments, and developed hundreds of emergency response and recovery plans and strategic programs for governments and global corporations.
Dean authored the Canadian National Incident Command System, which is the authorized and required curriculum for all wildfire agencies in Canada.